Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forgiveness Is a Way of Life

I'm going to roll a new leaf over and try to open up a new chapter of my life with a new and different approach.

I used to deal with negative issues in a way that was honest, direct and in-the-face, but unfortunately not very conducive to finding a positive solution.
So, I'm starting this new blog - a new phase and, in many aspects, a new face for myself - in which I will start to deal with things in a more positive way.

As someone once put it: "The world knows enough hell; let's show them a little more heaven!"

My way of dealing with issues up until this point had a tendency to close doors, rather than open up new ones.

There are a lot of bad things happening in the world, but remaining focused on them too much, or dealing with them in a wrong and negative way, will only give you ulcers.

Nobody's perfect, and humans - all of us - are by nature simply programmed to disappoint another at some point, so we might as well quit expecting performances from ourselves and them that we can't possibly deliver.
- Not that we should only expect the worst from them, either, but we must try to be some kind of inspiration and positive force - a light that lights up the landscape around us, instead of just being another dimmer - that will motivate others to try to bring out the best in them.

I've learned today that forgiveness is more than an act, more than something you do when someone has harmed you.

It's an attitude and a way of life.

No wonder the only prayer the Great Teacher ever taught us to pray includes the phrase "and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" right after "Give us this day our daily bread."
It is dawning on me that a forgiving and merciful attitude toward our fellow humans is just as important to our health and our lives as our daily food.

So, I'm trying a new approach, dedicated to all who have serious issues with all the bad things happening in this world, in what I'm hoping to be a united effort to find some positive answers, a positive approach and way of dealing with these things, so that we can address them without negativity and thus truly contribute to making a better world.

It's relatively easy to see the negative and talk about it. It's by far a greater challenge to find a positive approach toward these issues and try to find a concrete solution.

One of my main issues used to be some people's refusal to even see, much less deal with certain problems in the world and seemingly ignoring them. But I found out that confronting them in the wrong way does not really contribute to improving things either.

So, here's a new attempt and a new start, a new effort to address things in a different, more positive way.
Instead of just pointing the finger at things, I'm going to try to find a positive approach or alternative first, before opening my mouth, or effectively, posting my opinion abut them, even at the risk that this first entry will remain the only one.

But since I have a very good Teacher, I'm positive that there are going to be more positive lessons, conclusions and perspectives to be shared in the future.

My chosen biblical motif for this year was "For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed, neither hid, that shall not be known" (Luke 12:2).
But I'm going to expand on this and take it to the next level of not just trying to expose ugly truths, but presenting them in the light of the fact that there is no evil, no wrong in this world, that cannot be healed, and that God will not fix, like a song I used to love in the 80s points out, "Earth Has No Sorrow That Heaven Cannot Heal."

No comments:

Post a Comment